We’re seeing the Industrial look used more and more in home decorating these days, and what better room to feature this eclectic, raw style than in a boys room!
The industrial look is all about rough and raw surfaces, unfinished looks and recycled materials. Most stylists and interior decorators would begin by exposing hidden brickwork or wooden beams and build from there, but it is possible to get this popular look purely through adding a few feature pieces into a room and building from there. Now while this look is perfect for a boys room, there is also the possibility of incorporating it into a girls room with carefully selected industrial elements.
Remember, not everything needs to be new. In fact this look works best when old and new are mixed together. Here are some ideas to get you inspired…
1. Wooden or metal crates for shelving
2. Big wooden letters look great on the wall but be sure to mix them up a bit.
3. Maps of the world (the older the better!)
4. Coloured metal lamps or Industrial lamps if you’re lucky enough to find them.
5. Wooden Ladders
6. Vintage planes hanging from the ceiling
7. A chalkboard or chalk wall stickers.
and some girl inspiration for you.